Visit the EDM310 Alumni Blog

The EDM 310 Alumni Blog is up and running. Happy birthday!If you are interested in being a writer/comtributor, email the blog at edm310alumniblog@gmail.com.

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Final Comments on The Evolution of My PLN

I am writing after reading my initial post entitled " The Evolution of my PLN." At that time, on February 27, 2010, over two months ago, I had already experienced so much with my PLN. It was well on its way at that time. There was even a mention about a EDM310 Alumni Blog in that post.

Since then, many of what was in place continued and grew a little and has been now integrated into my typical day or week. I keep up with my Google Reader each day as well as my and the EDM310 Blog. I've enjoyed Delicious until I did something to my password to get denied access. I'll be fixing it soon as it's difficult to live without.

I feel like the cherry on the sundae has been the EDM 310 Alumni Blog. I enjoyed using Google Docs and gmail to acquire addresses, form the team (of 20-30) and understand the needs and desires for the project. This was a bit of a test run for me in using the available fee technology to collaborate with never meeting face to face. Google Docs was used to create a form and now we have a project start. This project has caused me to take my PLN to a new level locally. I've met more classmates and other EDM310 students, and the project vision gets a little more defined with each email and new contributor.

I had mentioned, in my February 27th post, that I would continue to do something rather than nothing to venture into uncharted waters. Jamie Lynn and I did just that in about 15 minutes face to face (during Dr. Strange's lecture - thank you for understanding Dr. S!) and the birthday was established. It was fun and most rewarding.

The best part is that we now have a local network of fledgling teachers with a common forum to exchange ideas and learn from.

No comments:

Post a Comment